Friday, July 17, 2009

Trip to MS


This past weekend, we made a trip to MS to visit family and friends.  This would be our first trip with Abigail to show her off to everyone.  I wondered how a 5 week old would fair riding in a car seat for such an extended amount of time, and thinking this would be a great challenge for a six hour road trip and a newborn.  However, I must say that Abigail did very well.  We allotted for plenty of pit stops for feedings and changing dirty diapers. (Frank's job?) 
  I must say, Avery and Mallory are very helpful with their new little sister.  The biggest issue seems to be having too much help at times!  Avery adores her baby sister, as does Mallory, but with Mallory being the baby for so long- it has taken her some time to get adjusted to her new role as the big sister, but she is happy now with her new role. 
We all had a wonderful time visiting Pawpaw and Mamaw and especially getting to have fun in Pawpaw's garden.  Avery and Mallory, along with Frank, enjoyed picking out there own watermelon and eating it outside in the garden.  Abigail was very interested in everything that was taken place and has already voiced her opinion about having one of her own next summer. 
All of us then made a trip to visit my grandmother.  This would be Abigail's first time to meet her great-grandmother.  We had four generations present there that day!  My grandmother, my father, me and our girls.  When asking my Granny what kind of advice she could give me concerning raising three children, she then said, "You must have a lot of patience and give them a lot of love.  Mostly, give them a lot of love. "  What wonderful advice.  It's a moment that I will carry in my heart forever.  
As we were making our way back to Houston, I smiled thinking about the great time that we had, and on the memories that we created.  


1 comment:

  1. beautiful family! Glad she did well on her first road trip!

    ReplyDelete